An everything type of blog,
for everything type of people...

Friday, June 11, 2010

Jason Mraz

This post is one near and dear to my heart seeing that it has to do with one of my favorite people... Jason Mraz. He is the king of swing and knows how to slather on the charm like body butter on a toddler. He sings songs about his life and somehow finds a way to connect to everyone else's. He isn't too famous, or indie, and he doesn't sing with the obligational strains of most singers today.
He can do whatever he wants, and I don't mean that in a reckless rockstar way. I mean that he can scat on stage, and improvise if he feels like it. He can get emotional, he can sound raw. It's all okay.
I think that we need more artist like Jason Mraz.
A year ago or so he put out an album called: We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. It was different than any other album he had ever made. It helped him come out of his shell. He came out with the hit "I'm Yours", and ended up playing a show in Radio City Music Hall. (A show that I attended).
Now singing, dancing, and stealing things may have made him a big shot, but I still look upon some of the other tracks on the album. One of them is called, If it Kills Me. Its a great song that shows off Jason Mraz's strengths while he sings about some of his weaknesses.
Overall he is a great artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment